Dr. Ishari K Ganesh, Founder and Chancellor of VISTAS (Vels University), one of Tamil Nadu’s leading multi-disciplinary institution for higher education has announced a free education scheme for children of various service personnel who have been tirelessly working at the frontline to combat the spread of coronavirus.
VELS FREE EDUCATION SCHEME - FOR CHILDREN OF CORONA WARRIORS
The scheme will provide an opportunity for students
who have cleared their class 12 examinations in this academic year, to pursue their higher education in any of the fifty undergraduate courses offered at Vels University Recognising the sacrificing efforts of the frontline field workers and to ensure a quality higher education for their children, this scheme can be availed by Corona warriors (nurses, police personnel, and sanitation workers).
Under this scheme, a total of 300 students (100 wards of parents working in each of the three fields – nurses, police personnel and sanitation workers), will be selected on the basis of their marks and their education will be sponsored by Vels University at completely free of cost. Priority will be given to the children of those who had lost their lives in the battle against the virus.
Interested candidates are requested to register themselves by filling up the online form below. Contact
List of Documents Required
Applicants have to keep this document ready while applying this form
- ID Card of Parent
- Authorization Letter
- Student Aadhar Card
- SSLC Marksheet
- HSC (First-year mark list)
- HSC (Second-year marl list)
- Community Certificate
Terms and Conditions
- The student has to be a ward of police personnel (Constable or lower ranks) / Corporation Sanitation fieldwork under the government of Tamil Nadu / Nurses and Paramedical Staff working in Corona Wards.
- The student must have successfully passed in +2 exams conducted in the year 2020.
- They can choose any course from the list of courses offered under this scheme.
- Seats in a particular department/course is strictly subject to availability
- Under this scheme, the tuition fee for the entire course duration is completely waived off. All other non-tuition fees such as exam fees, hostel fees (if availed), transport fees (if availed) are applicable.
- The seats are offered on a first come first serve basis, subject to student’s marks secured in +2 exam results announced in 2020.
- Candidates from a family that has sacrificed a member during their service while pandemic under any of the three departments (Ranks as specified in point 1) will be given first preference.
- During the application, the candidate must disclose the parent’s / guardian’s proof of identity as serving in any of the three specified departments (ID Cards/ Aadhaar/Letter from a supervisor with seal).
- The decision of offering a seat to a candidate is complete under the rights of the VISTAS admission Committee.
- Interested candidates are requested to register themselves at http://vfes.velsuniv.ac.in or contact 9003461468 / 9952018671 / 8807307082 / 9445507603 / 9445484961 / 9962014445 either by phone or on WhatsApp for additional information and clarification. They can also contact the university staff in person for more information